Tuesday

Do I really understand what its about?

I was once told that in Lourdes you will feel close to God. At this moment in time I was confused. What was I looking for? Where would I see or when would I feel this evidence that God was there. All around me others seemed to be feeling what I wasn’t It made me feel alone and quite sad that I didn’t feel this closeness that others had. As the end of the day was starting to get closer and it was starting to get dark there was a twinkle of candle lights appearing into the streets and over the river.
There was a calming hum in the air it was the gatherings of people singing and praying the sounds where sent flowing through the air into the distance.
Walking down towards the gathering I could hear a bellowing voice speaking words from what I believe is a bible, these words I didn’t really understand. The gathers did and continued to sing and pray quietly and softly. Unusually they had an overwhelming effect on me. I felt that I was starting to understand and starting to feel a warmth within I had never felt before. It was like that big cuddle my mum would give me when everything was going wrong. Her cuddle was so tender and loving and made me feel so loved. I could never compare anything to it before, but now I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment