Tuesday

Witnessing the Procession

Looking around in awe I see beautiful hills surrounding the town, huge mountains behind and the sun beating down lighting the ground.The waters of the River Gave were flowing by. The sound was relaxing but pulling me to follow down the valley and into the Sanctuary. Follow the steady flow of people below me.
Walking down into the town I was becoming overwhelmed by the size of the buildings, the amount of people steadily flowing on just as the River Gave flowed all in the same direction. There was this same sense of calm but relaxing atmosphere. It was like there was an overwhelming feel of hopes and expectations in the air. Looking on I stood amazed by the sight of all the people gathering beside the river.It was like a huge procession, the sick lead the way followed by a steady flow of helpers and those caught up in the spirituality of it all. To the sides of the procession were those standing in respect, many with their heads down looking as though they were praying, maybe for themselves or someone at home? It was quite sad in a way watching those who were obviously really ill following the direction of the warm glowing sun with high hopes of a cure or miracle. But then I also felt quite anxious really hoping that some if not many had their dreams come true and the healing qualities of the water would work. I really didn’t want anyone to be disappointed If I had my way everyone would be cured or healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment